First of all I had this goal this summer to run 3 miles without stopping. I thought I could never do it. Every day I would think today it the day and it wouldn't happen. Well today It DID! I ran 3 miles without stopping. I am so proud of myself. I literally cried as I approached my house! I came home and told the kids and to see how excited and happy they were for me, brought tears to my eyes!
Second, I want to Thank DeeDee and Melissa for your sweet comments that you left on here. You ladies are so awesome. I look up to each of you. You have given me strength that I can get through this difficult time. Thank you so much!
DeeDee, A year ago at this time I weigh close to 255. That is what I weigh the day that I went to see Dr. Warnock. I was wearing a sizes 20W to 22W. Today I fit into a size 12! It's amazing! I love walking into any store and now that I can pick anything off the rack and it will fit. I LOVE the fact that I can shop in the Misses department and not in the Women's department. You have so many choices. I did break down when Michael left and brought me a new outfit and some church clothes. People were complaining that my clothes look too big! LOL
So after completing my run this morning, I think I am going to take Melissa up on here suggestion!~ I am going to run a 5K next weekend! I will post the details and if you would like to come and cheer me on, I WOULD LOVE IT! Maybe one day I will be running a marathon with my Hubby!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your comment to me this morning was an encouragement to me. Thanks! Last year when Craig got married, I was back down to about where I was when Tony got married! But then I gain again. Anyway, last summer after the wedding we went to KC to my sister's and I was so excited because some Missus things were starting to fit. Now I'm back working on my weight again. I'm down about 20 from my highest, and less than 10 pounds to my "kids'wedding" weight. I'm looking forward to getting out of the Women's department too! I'm noticing a change in the last month - putting a few capris into the goodwill pile. :D Your story and fab self have encouraged me to keep going. You're the best. hugs.
ReplyDeleteIt's about time you went shopping and got some new things. Reward yourself, girl! And make those people who look at you notice how great you're doing by wearing something cute and fun!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the 5K. You're going to do great. What an accomplishment!
I would just like to quote a little somthin from my favorite movie Bolt....(I know, I have high standards)
ReplyDelete"Sherrie is awesome! She's so awesome! She's... She's beyond awesome! She's... be-awesome!"
be-awesome. :-)