Yesterday was really hard for me. Actually this whole week has been really hard
for me. This past weekend being Easter I was okay I will spurlge and then Monday
it's back to the grind. Well needless to say that when I went to my checkup
yesterday I got my butt handed to me on a platter but in a nice way.
I have been struggling with this for the past 4 months. I have finally realized
that I am an emotional eater and I need to do something about it. When my
emotions start settling in what do I run for? Something sweet! That's why my
weight has really slowed down. After talking with my Dr yesterday he put it
this way to me. Sherrie, you came to me to make a life change. NOT a temporary
change. If you continue this process in 5 yrs or less you will be back where you
were or higher. The he proceed to compare my emotional eating to the Word of
Wisdom. He asked me, Do you drink coffee? Do you drink beer? No I don't I
respond. To me he said that's what your doing with your emotional eating. It
really hit me! I almost started to cry right there. I DON'T want to be heavy
every again! I don't want my kids to be heavy! I never want to see 200 again.
So right there I renewed my commitment to him and my myself. So no more sweets
not only for me but my kids. We may have them on occassion but not the way we
do now. Not until I can get things under control and eat one or two and not the
whole box.
I want my family to be health and fit! We can do it. I can do it!
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment