Life has seem to just pass me by lately. It's amazing how fast time flies when you get older. As a kid I remember it taking so long for Christmas to come. Now it seems like I take the tree down and BOOM it's time to put it up again.
Lately I have been struggling. I have been having up and down days and it's really frustrating. But that's when I need to remember that nothing feels better than getting on that scale and seeing that number go down. Going to the gym has been great! I have loved it. But unfortunely it has to come to and end because of our finances. Me driving two and three times a day in doesn't work. I will be sad to not go because I looked so forward to that opportunity to get a different kind of a workout in. But I will just have to kick things up here at home. Maybe for Christmas or my birthday I can talk Michael into buying me a treadmill or bike so that I have something here. That would be awesome but we shall see.
So today I made a great accomplisment in my weight loss. I am sitting at 212 this morning. Which is my pre pregnancy weight before I had Samuel. It's been 11 yrs since I weighed that much! It sure feels great to see that number slowly but surly come down. I have 13 more pounds to go by December 31st. I want to weigh under 200 by the time the New Year comes around. I don't remember the last time I weighed under that so that will be a HUGE deal for me.
Another exciting thing for me is that my pants that I bought 2 weeks ago don't fit. I can slide them off without undoing them. I really need to go to Good Will or Upscale Retail and pick up some new pants. LOL The best part of this is the fact that I can NOW walk across the isle in a department store and shop in the Misses department. That's right I can now shop in the Misses department! What a great feeling that is too me! I am still at the high end of the sizes but hey there are MORE options on that side.
I was sitting here watching the Where are they now episode of the Biggest Loser. Boy what a powerful episode that is. It just reaffirmed to me the reason I went through with my surgery in the first place. The funny thing is I have filled out an application for the Biggest Loser at one point in time but never sent it in. I just didn't think I could leave my family for that long of a time. But now I don't have to leave them and they can do it right with me. I love the fact that they are watching me and now learning from me on how to do things. I see them making better choices and wanting to walk and exercise.
Melody the other day said to me Mom, can we bundle up and walk to school? This is on a day when it was suppose to be 45 outside. I told her that we won't be walking until Spring. When it warms up again. But I am glad that her and Samuel love to walk and get their exercise in as well.
One the things that hit me as I was watching the Biggest Loser was I need to set a goal. Not just a weight goal but a goal to accomplish something. Or make something better. Krista has suggested that we run a Marathon. I think that would be great! So my goal is to run a Marathon. Don't know when yet but I will pick a date.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment