Scroll to the Bottom to see the changes I have made!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today is a good day!  I weighed in this morning and I have lost 40 pds!  That is so amazing to me!  40 pds! I just keeping saying it to myself over and over!

It was really nice to walk into the Dr. Warnock's office and he was smiling at me.  His first words to me was, Sherrie, You get a gold star!  I know one of my things is I love to please people. I hate disappointing people.  But last night as I watch my DVRed Biggest losers shows, Shay said something that really struck me.  She said that pleasing others is what got her to where she was.  Now that she is focused on herself she is loosing the weight.  It's so true.  I lost myself.  I quit caring about myself.  I quit caring about the body that my Heavenly Father so graciouly gave me!  I wonder in his eyes what he was thinking as he watched me just kill myself everyday little by little.  I know as a Mother I would hurt for my child. I know that My Heavenly Father loves me and that's why he took the steps he did in my life to give me that wake up call!   I love Dr. Warnock! He is a great man.  Today as he talked with me he brought up Samson from the scriptures.  He brought up the fact that Samson lost sight and cut his hair all off and lost all his power.  If I loose sight and give up then I will be back right where I was 2 1/2 months ago! I can't afford that for me or for my family.

We also talked about me working and the snack machines. I will be happy to say that I haven't but any money in there to buy the candy or soda pop. I buy a water here and there.  I just need to be more prepared for those nights that I work.  I have to take something with me or when I come home I am going to want to eat and eat.  Can't do that! Well his Nurse that was there gave me a great idea! For everytime I want to put money in that machine. I should put it in my new clothes fund!  Heavens knows I need new clothes.  My old pants which were a 20w are sliding off me.  I can take them off without unzipping or buttoning them.  Which is a GOOD feeling!  I bought a pair of 18w's a couple of weeks ago and I think I can go down another size or into Regular 18's. I think I am going to hit work early tonight and try on a pair of regular 18's to just see how they fit.

I am really liking this new person that I see in the mirror.  I love it! I know Michael does too as well as my kids.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sherrie... the big 4-0!!!!! That's awesome!!! I have a feeling you're going to get there in a hurry, now that you'll be so determined. And, I saw you at the gym... you DEFINITELY worked through it! I'm happy for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete