Scroll to the Bottom to see the changes I have made!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yesterday was a good day. I was able to fit in my Biggest Loser Video before heading in to base for Laurel's Dr's appointment. While there I decided it was High time to check out the Parent room at the Gym. It's very nice. Has a couple of treadmills, a bike, stair master, and a couple of elliptical machines as well. Sarah and Laurel really enjoyed themselves. SO I thinking of hitting the gym a few days out of the week. Especially with it getting colder and too cold to walk.

Michael just tells me to bundle them up and go out. But I always worry about them getting cold and then getting sick.

I was really impressed with myself on how well I am running. Although my left knee is still giving me some trouble I can usually run through the pain. I think I ran for abut 10 minutes yesterday. Even Michael was impressed. It's truly amazing what you body can do when loosing weight. It's amazing how much the weight really affects your life. I have noticed over the past while that I have become more inclined to just let my house go and be lazy. Now my energy level is up and I feel like I am getting back to myself again. Wanting to clean and make sure things are in order. It's driving my family nuts but it's a good nuts. LOL

Today I weighted myself fully expecting to have gained some weight with the way I ate yesterday but to my surprise I lost another pd. I am now at 216. I have lost a total of 39 pds in 2 1/2 months. Since my surgery I have lost 24 pds. Which is not bad at all. I have notice there is certain things that I have to be really careful with or just totally avoid now. Chicken is one and bread is the other. I have to be very careful when eating these. The other day I got some stuck and that is the worst feeling ever. But I am learning what I can eat and what I can't. Plus portion control is another biggy! I am used to eating A LOT now I can barely have maybe 1/4 cup of veggies, and about 1/4 cup of meat. I get full really fast which is nice.

I wish I could get the point across to Samuel and Melody on how important it is to listen to your body. Stop when it's full and not just keep eating. I know they are growing kids but if they learn it now then they won't be like me learning it at 32 yrs old. I was never taught the importance of keeping your body in a good healthy state. I mean I heard the talks and learned about it in school but it was never taught at home. Things that are taught at home are what we learn from. It's amazing to me what I have taught my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment